Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Interchange Conundrum

i am a sponsored student. so my parent doesn't have to worry much about my tuition fees or anything because from my tuition fees to textbooks costs and even to my living allowance, they come as a complete package; a scholarship. it is really worth. my mother would only give me additional money, in case i spent over my budget (which is always..). but, of course, i need to follow my sponsor's orders, which are really troublesome to conform to, sometimes.

this is the case that i want to tell you.

before enrolling to my current college, i got an offer from my sponsor to pursue my study in A-Level but my placement (which is the country that i need to go to pursue my Bachelor's degree) is the United States of America instead of the United Kingdom, the origin of the A-Level, but with full excitement and anticipation, i agreed to the contract and accepted the offer. (of course i would accept since it is (i) full scholarship which means my parent doesn't have to pay anything, and (ii) going abroad for my tertiary education is my childhood dream)

and so i went to the college and study Economics (as it will be my major when i go to the university). i have never learned (or read) anything about Economics and i don't even know why i choose this course since it is very new to me and my achievement in my Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology though i hate Biology) is not that bad either....i scored an A for Physics and A-'s for Chemistry and Biology in SPM though. (SPM is Malaysian's version of O-Level in UK).

after one year (or more) of study in my A-Level program, i got a news from my sponsor that i need to change my program to American Credit Transfer Program (ACTP). well, it has pros and cons.

 Pros:
(i) i can get to know the American education system which is really different with British system
(ii) i will get familiar with American system that emphasizes more on coursework rather than examination
(iii) i will be going to America, so gaining friends while in Malaysia before going abroad is gonna be a good kick-start for me
(iv) i hate doing A-Level actually (i failed to pass the cut-off point for my Semester 2 End-of_Semester examination)
(v) i love doing assignments than having to study really hard for examination
(vi) i am really good at making bond with teachers and the foundation to success in ACTP is making a good connection and bond with your teachers, so i am at the advantage

Cons:
(i) i have wasted one year of my live doing A-Level without getting any accreditation (at least if i take the AS Level exam before, i have the proof that i was once studying A-Level)
(ii) i have used RM300 to pay for resitting the papers that i didn't pass in Semester 2 (well it kinda my fault for not studying real hard but i will only be okay if i continue studying in A-Level, not just lost like that)
(iii) i gained so many friends and some of them are now my best friends (not that i will lose them in fact getting much more, but we will be in different again...i have to change my class because of my placement and now this??
(iv) most A-Level students are lazybones as they only study at last minutes time including me..hehehehe
this interchange conundrum is driving me mad as changing from one program to another is gonna be a real mess as i need to adapt to a whole new different system and i am not really good in this. but all in all, i know that He plans the best for me and i will just embracing the turbulent/exciting fate. He knows the best. He knows the best. He knows the best.

and i hope i can be the best.

so, adios azizos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop your thoughts over here